April 16, 2007

Faux Journal Card


A little spring journal -- looks like it anyway.
Using the flowered Cuttlebug embossing folder I created the background on green cardstock which has a white core. That way I could take an emery board and rub across it to bring the white out.
I punched holes down the side of the green strip and added various ribbons.
The spring flower stamp is from Hero Arts. I stamped that with Brilliance ink and clear embossed it. I added an ivory panel behind the green embossed one, making sure it extends out at the top.
I punched the top corners and stamped Cherish Today (Hero Arts) in purple ink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely and very clever card. Wouldn't have thought of a faux journal. Gives me some ideas. Thanks for sharing. Might also be an idea for a bookmark since the journal is a book. MMMM...