May 16, 2009

Great Mail Week

A complementary issue of the June Stampers Sampler arrived in the mail this week. Funny thing about the cover (which I think is just gorgeous), at first glance I thought one of my cards had made the cover. I had submitted a card using this PaperBag Studio stamp a while back.
After looking closely at the cover and through the magazine, I saw the cards included in a two -page layout by an artist named Paula Whittaker. I really liked her work and tried to Google her name to see if she had a blog so I could tell her so.
I couldn't find her -- but I did find my card ........
It was included at t the bottom of her two page lay-out. My name was correctly given, so that was fine. My card is below. Can you see why I took a second look at the cover?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The summer issue of Take Ten came this week as well. I had a good amount of cards published in this issue. These are a few of the ones I liked the best.












15 comments:

Jacqueline said...

One again congrats!! Beautiful cards! I didn't see either of these mags by Michael's - so I missed them. I haven't sent anything for at least a year, but it is such fun isn't it. I really love that paperbag studio's stamp, so decorative and vintage!!

kathy said...

How wonderful - Such talent !! Yes very similar - too funny-- I love the girl stamp -- who is the maker ? Also would love to know about fav trading atc sites -- I know there are a bunch out there -- but like to know the good ones , if possible -- Thanks for sharing your talent - kathy - ga

azLizJane said...

Good Morning, Louise! I am still lurking out here catching up on all the goings-on when I can! I can certainly see why you had a double-take when you saw the cover of the magazine! Congrats on all of your magazine entries. They are FAB!

Liz

lottie said...

Congratulations - wonderful cards - and gorgeous work in your etsy shop

Amazine

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being published in Stampers and Take Ten beautifully stamped cards as always.
And a big thank you for letting me know about my cards being published....still in shock!

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Louise!
Thank you for coming by and leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. Congrats on being published! and so many cards too!!!! I am being a big procrastinator, because I want to send some stuff in to Sommerset so badly, but I'm being a big chicken. Congrats again! Your work is really lovely.
Karen

Lynn Stevens said...

Awesome, You go girl, I just got my copy today, It really does look alot alike!

Robin said...

Congrats Louise! I can also see why you had to do a double take on that cover card.

Debbie K. said...

Nice work, Louise! Congrats on getting published again!

ScrappyPam said...

That is great mail - congrats!

Barb said...

Congratulations !!!

Kris Dickinson said...

Congratulations Louise!

Jann said...

Wow-that's fantastic! Congratulations on being published--and how interesting about the look-a-like cards!

Anonymous said...

Big congrats Louise :) Your cards are fabulous.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Congratulations! I get every issue of those mags - thanks for inspiring us with such gorgeous cards!