April 27, 2007

Well, here is the $30 card I mentioned yesterday. Actually, my math was off. It was really only about $15 to make in that we made two of them. My sister Katherine suggested we have a "round robin" of sorts where she would stamp an image on a piece of paper (two times, one for each of us) and send it to me. I then would add something to it such as cutting out the image, putting it on the paper that looks like sand and then return it to her. She colored in part of the image, put some sparkle on the ice cubes and added the rhinestone earrings (click on the image to actually see this). I then colored in more of the image and she, in turn, added the stamped paper to look like the water's shore..........and so it went. And it just grew and grew and grew and I think we did not know when to stop. By the time somebody finally said "Enough!" I told my sister with the postage that we have incurred sending these cards back and forth it cost us $30 just to make them. But it was a fun way to share our love of stamping as she lives in a different state.
Hey, Sis, isn't it your turn to send me back those cards we are working on with the clocks on them?

4 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

Simply adorable! Where did you get the colorful background paper?

Anonymous said...

Great card and idea on stamping across the miles! Love the background paper. Thanks for sharing this one; it's worth $30!

Anonymous said...

Love the card. So neat what you and your sister did.

Anonymous said...

In the future to avoid the postage (which is going up!), you could each start with the basic stamped card and add something, then scan a copy and email it to the other. The recipient of the email would add that element (or something very similar) and by the time you are finished you will have cards that are the same only different!!