June 25, 2007

A Little Show of Appreciation

So.....I was thinking about giving away some blog goodies to celebrate 10,000 hits.. But before I get to that, let me just say that some days I am seriously thinking of deleting that little counter at the bottom of my blog. On those days I think what does it really matter? Then other days I think well, it helps me mark such auspicious occasions as this. But then I have to consider even the value of that given that I probably used up 5000 of those myself just getting this blog going and putting up daily posts. I'm exaggerating. But only slightly.

Well, I'll make that decision another day. For now I do want to celebrate this event and I know how I want to do it. I want to thank all those great blog readers/viewers who actually take the time to comment on work they see and like. It's so easy to just breeze through blog after blog and just take it in and not stop to show appreciation where you feel it. I try to make it a habit to do this -- but I know at times I've been lax in making the effort as well.

So there's no contest here, you don't need to do a thing -- you've already done it if you have ever commented on my blog. And since I had absolutely nothing to do this evening, I went through all my comments I've saved in my mailbox -- pages and pages -- and counted up those who stood out as -- well, let's just say repeat commenters. I tallied those up and here are the top finalists: Jacqueline, Joanne, Marciad, Jacki, Nancy and Lorraine (Who should get a special award because she posted them all on the same day!) Anyway, my intent is to give to the one of those five who had the most comments a $15 gift certificate to the on-line stamp store of their choice.

So without further ado, the winner is:

Marciad a/k/a stampgal.

Thanks to all for the encouragement and kind words. They are very much appreciated.
Marciad, e-mail me with your choice and we'll get that started. Congrats!

7 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

You are one generous lady!! What a great idea. I honestly thought about doing it this way after I had already posted the contest on my blog. Next time...

Nancy said...

Great way to choose a winner! Congrats!

joanne wardle said...

awww what a really sweet thing to do. and I made it to the finalists!!

well as long as you keep posting delicious work I'll keep posting comments!! :)

It is lovely to get comments. I know how I feel when I get comments, every single one of them makes me feel a little bit more special.

Jacqueline said...

Well done to Marciat! That is a very nice gesture and good idea Louise!

Vintage Papers said...

very sweet of you Louise and congrats to Marciat!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind heart.

Linda Carson said...

What a wonderful way to chose a blog winner!!