June 28, 2007

Nature is the Art of God



Today as I was driving to work my thoughts drifted to cardmaking, as they often do, and this design came to mind. I knew I wanted to make a card with a script background, a flower, and some other botanical/foliage stamps. In fact, I have a Kleenex box that kind of inspired me.

When I started playing around with my stamps I could see this was evolving into a card that would fit the final sketch for this month over at Two Peas.

The butterfly technically should be a little lower, but it just seemed lost. You can't tell from the picture, but the butterfly was stamped, cut out and then I added Diamond Glaze to it so it really stands out.

The stamps I used include the flower and sentiment by StampinUp; script by Hero Arts; butterfly by Inkadinkado; shadow stamp and foliage by Stampington.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! I love the soft and elegant look of it. Very nice work!

joanne wardle said...

gorgeous backgound, it reminds me of a k&co paper

Anonymous said...

Another lovely creation.

Pat said...

This card and the one below it are my favorites Louise. This one because of the delicated lines and movement. The one below for the great color 'pop'. Your creations are wonderful

Night Owl Designs said...

I love the feminine, delicate 'tone' of this card :o)

Anonymous said...

Really wonderful, you've used fantastic images.