September 9, 2007

Wednesday Stamper




The theme for Wednesday Stamper this week was handmade or mulberry paper. I was kind of short on this as I'd given a lot of my mulberry paper away. As I was plowing through my stuff figuring out what to use with these lovely little birds from Crafty Secrets, I discovered these mulberry squares. I have no idea where these squares came from but think they are very pretty.
I also found a piece of green handmade paper -- now if I'm supposed to be making this paper for the challenge, that's not going to happen -- but I know this has been hanging around for a while and was glad to use it.
The base of my card is recycled from a wedding invitation we received. The wedding was called off a week before the big event was supposed to happen, so I really felt the need to give this invitation some life.

My friend, Sarah, sent me this piece of wire mesh when I admired it on a project of hers. I was first going to use it as a background, but then decided I would like to see what it looked like if I used it as a stencil. You can see the design on the bird tag. I was very pleased with the results! Thanks, Sarah!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Very clever! Love the results!

Anonymous said...

Oh its so sweet.

Deborah March said...

Love those wee birds Louise!

Dymphie said...

Lovely card. Love the way you positioned the birds

The Cryer Family said...

Very cute and different!

Paula J Atkinson said...

beautiful & I adore the birds as I am an avid RSPB supporter.

Angelina said...

This is so cute!! Love the birds! Great work!

Jacqueline said...

This is very original! Love your paper mixes and I've really grown to love bird stamps too. I love this!

Vintage Papers said...

so sweet, soft and delicate! beautiful images!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Loving what your doing with the CS stamps! Great work!!

Night Owl Designs said...

Beautiful! Love the birdies :-)

Barbara said...

Really pretty and nice find.