October 11, 2007

Happy Birthday

I made this card for my husband whose birthday is today. I really struggled with the coloring here. I asked my husband who is a big fan of horses and knows quite a bit about them what kind he thought this might be. He thought for a long time and then said a cross between -- and proceeded to name three different kinds of horses I'd never heard of. Oh, well. The one thing I was really pleased with -- and you'll either have to look at the smaller picture or click on the big one to see it -- was the detail I added to the tail. I unwound a piece of twine and added it to the card with some glue.
The stamp is by PSX and the paper comes from the Vintage Collection of Hot off the Press.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very beautiful, Louise, even if it's not a "purebred". Hope it's a Happy Day for both of you!

Jacqueline said...

What a gorgeous card-gift! And Happy birthday to your precious hubby!

Kris Dickinson said...

Beautiful coloring Louise!

Heather Robinson said...

I think your colouring is gorgeous. Great design and colour combination.

Maggie Ann said...

What a wonderful card...the horse is so realistic...just beautiful!

Ila said...

This is Absolutley Gorgeous!! I love the horses and accents you have on this card. Hope your DH had a Happy Birthday!!