December 6, 2007



I found this little ice skater last year. She's made by Magenta. I don't make a lot of winter cards, but I just had to have her. I had these fun papers from Daisyd's, and so I used my Prismacolors and colored her to match the paper.

I think one of the reasons I like her is she reminds me of the ice skating we did as kids. There was always an outdoor pond to go somewhere and skate in the winter. My dad would even try and freeze the back yard so we could skate there (don't remember that being too successful though). It was usually off to the local park. Even though we didn't have a lot of money, the one thing my siblings and I always seemed to have was ice skates!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Louise - - that could be me IF I'd ever learned how to skate... She's really sweet, so guess that couldn't be me after all.

Jacqueline said...

She reminds me of a little eskimo - she is really sweet!

Joan said...

This is adorable. Love the way you used her in this layout.

Dawn said...

The color of this is fantastic. So great. I love how you added the blue around her. Looks icy...great card!