May 9, 2008

One Moo -- My Mom


Yes, this is my mom. Since I only had one mom, I just went with one moo this week. Of course the theme at Make a Moo or Two was Mother's Day. After I decided to use my mom's picture I tried to think of what her favorite color was. I wasn't sure, but I do remember her saying when she married she wanted her kitchen to be red. I still have her red canisters from that kitchen.
I also included the "family" definition which was what my mom (a wife in the '50's )wanted more than anything -- to raise a family.
The picture is at a bit of an angle in order to show the "A" which stands for Alice, her name. Because of the gold in the lettering it wouldn't show up trying to shoot it straight on and wouldn't scan at all.

17 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is beautiful. Love it.

vintage wil said...

beautiful mooi !!!

Anonymous said...

Its so gorgeous!! Beautiful photo.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Moo!!

Anonymous said...

Love the Moo. Your mom is beautiful, too.

Femmy said...

this is a stunning moo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I have to say this is my favorite moo! It is so beautiful...

A lovely tribute to your gorgeous mom..

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the gold embossing, and what a great picture of your mom!!

Audrey said...

Beautiful moo!!

Kathy said...

Beautiful Mama...
And what a nice tribute for her.

stampingbalou said...

It is so lovely to choose your own mom and your wordings are so warm-hearted... Great work, honestly !

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to your mom. Lovely picture and beautiful moo!

Jacqueline said...

You have a beautiful mother - wonderful tribute!

Tania said...

This is so lovely, especially with your explenation.

Jennifer Mehlman said...

My mother's name is Alice, too. I love the Moo.

Angelina said...

Beautiful!

Sue McGettigan said...

This is gorgeous - your mom has such a gentle pretty smile, love the golden touch on the moo :)