May 25, 2008

Saturday's Workout

I got inspiration from the challenge at Saturday's Workout for this card. They challenged us to use any number of resist techniques in our work. So I stamped my image with cranberry ink and then clear embossed it. I then used crumbled up plastic wrap to apply ink over the image and onto my paper. I guess that would count as a resist technique? Either way I was quite happy with the way this card turned out.
Yesterday our local stamp store had a HUGE sale. I shouldn't have been there:), but I was.
I found this bird in a frame from Crafty Individuals. I had admired this for a while, but since they are a company from the UK, I decided I would not order it on-line. I found out yesterday that Magenta (a Canadian company) is making some of their stamps and distributing them in the US. So it was affordable, it was on sale -- and I was happy to get it!
They also had a lot of their classroom stamps on sale and I bought a couple sheets of clear stamps for a great price. It doesn't bother me the stamps were a little dirty --- since I heard Tim Holtz does not clean his stamps, I don't get hung up over how clean my stamps are anymore:)

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, Louise, this is brilliant. Amazing card design. Love this.

Thanks for joining Saturday´s Workout again.

Barbara P said...

Hey Louise,
Awesome card, I so love it!!! I admire your work, keep it coming. Also, since you got me onto the Google Reader I rarely go onto the actual blogs. To enter this comment I went and I see you have a new banner, very nice. Have a great day!
B

Sarah said...

That is a wonderful bird in frame stamp....did you buy two? Love your card....great color selection and layout and spiffy new banner, too.
stampntxn

Anonymous said...

Terrific card. The resist looks cool and so does the new stamp.

Jacqueline said...

I have that stamp! It really looks beautiful here - I can see you received inspiration for this! Just love it!!

Anonymous said...

great card, brilliant

Faye said...

Louise, this is a wonderful card. I love your bird stamp and wish I could have joined you at the store for the sale! Love our work.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colllage. Love the bird.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, great colours.

Jutta said...

Very beautiful!!!

stamp and scrape said...

Love the combination of the blues and reds - and also the stamp. I'm glad CI has found its way over to you.
Ros