May 4, 2008

Time Flies

So here is my one-and-only child graduating from Kindergarten sixteen years ago.



This weekend he is graduating from college.


So what has this mom been doing this week? Well, crying her eyes out looking at these pictures and listening to this song. (Caution - audio here)

When I told my son that I've been having myself a good cry this week but that I planned to get it all out of my system so we could just celebrate this weekend and have fun, he responded, "That's a good plan, Mom."

The last few lines of that song really get me, but they are from my heart:
"I'm here for you whatever this life brings,
so let my love give you roots and help you find your wings...
It's not living if you don't reach for the sky,

I'll have tears as you take off, but I'll cheer you as you fly...."

Oh, where's the Kleenex....

12 comments:

Robin said...

I have one graduating from college too! He is my not my only, but he is my oldest son and I know exactly what you mean when I read the words to that beautiful song. I started to cry just listening to it myself....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You got him to this point in his life.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh mama!!! Hang in there... I just love that kindergarten photo! Priceless....

Dawn said...

Ohhh, Louise, I am so sorry you having a cry fest. I know it must be so happy & so overwhelming at the same time. You have done a good job Mama!! He's a good lookin' boy he must get that from you =) Have a wonderfulllll time at graduation. Can't wait to see picks. What is he degree??

Sandy said...

Awww congratulations Mom!!! You done good, just look at that boy! :)

Sarah said...

Oh, I feel for ya, Louise. It's just one of those "MOM" things. Life does bring us lots of Kleenex moments. Enjoy this one to its fullest.
stampntxn

Kris Dickinson said...

Hang in there Louise. It's time for the next chapter in his life. What a handsome son!

Sharon in NE said...

I wasn't expecting to get emotional myself! I have one who is between college years. This is so perfect, I had to send her the song. Thank you SO much for sharing.

Tania said...

Congratualtions mama!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both!

Jacqueline said...

What a fine-looking young man Louise, you and DH must be so proud.
I just heard that our son has decided to go to a Bible school for two years in the Netherlands - I'm a very happy mum too!!

Lisa Renéa said...

Hugs to you! My youngest ds is in college, but let me tell you, I cried for a month after the HS graduation. It's true being a mom is the hardest job in the world. Hang in there! Thank you for sharing the audio..WOW!