May 24, 2008

Umbrellas


I needed a card for a neighbor who needs encouragement and was inspired to make this card by the challenge at Layers of Color. The theme was "umbrellas." I immediately thought of this very old stamp I have by All Night Media. I don't use it often, but I really love it. I followed Laura's instructions on the challenge blog on how to make an umbrella. I used a Studio G stamp to create the stripes on mine. The rest of the image was colored in using watercolor pencils and blender pen.

11 comments:

Laura said...

Louise, what an marvelous card! It's so full of Spring freshness! It reminds me of our local farmer's market filled with flowers. A very lovely encouragement, indeed!

Joan B said...

This is stunning. Love these beautifully done colors!

herminesplace said...

its gorgeous!

ScrappyPam said...

Beautiful card!! And I'm really liking your banners!

loni.sue said...

I love flowers in a wheelbarrow! And love some of those older stamps with the profusion of flowers. My first thought was vintage Penny Black. Beautiful job, Louise.

Dawn said...

I love this. And your header is fantabulous!!!

Jacqueline's Craft Nest said...

Love your background papers here!

Moni said...

Oh, wie schöööööön.

Mam and Lizi said...

beautiful card!
Nancy

ilonka said...

what a great card!

Rein said...

Really pretty!