August 29, 2008

Finished Treasure Box

This is the "finished" treasure box I showed earlier in the week. I'll be teaching this at class in September at a local scrapbooking store, Craft Fancy.

The top of the box has stamps from Stampers Anonymous, Heidi Swapp and Maya Road.


The inside of the box contains this chipboard album.

I made a memory album of vintage family photos. I copied them onto parchment paper. That way I can stamp onto some of the photos as well.
The store has a fabulous selection of 7 Gypsies product. That's who makes the paper I've used for the album as well as this tag.



These tickets are by Tim Holtz, his Idea-ology line.





For my album I used pictures of my mom's family. These pages show my great grandparents and my grandfather with his two brothers.
The box itself has room to place little treasures in it along with the album. I have my grandfather's lighter which he used to light his cigars which I plan to keep in this little box.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh how I wish I could be one of the lucky people in your class. You have designed a wonderful keepsake. Way to go, Louise!

Jacqueline said...

Tremendous work - stunning!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful project. Love the look of the album. To me it is so like the old ones we do treasure.

Robin said...

Wish I could be in your class Louise! Lovely project!

Charleen said...

very cute! tfs Check out my blog for some National Stamping Month fun. :)

Dawn said...

soooo beautiful - looks like a lot of hard work...

Lorraine said...

this is a lovely piece of vintage art.love all the different elements to it.