August 8, 2008

Thinking of You


Today I was needing to make a card for a male co-worker. I was totally uninspired.
But then two different challenges got me going. The Thank God It's Friday Challenge called for earth tones. Okay, that's masculine. And Nancy's sketch challenge on 2 Peas in a Bucket helped me put it all together. I remembered this stamp from Paperbag Studios which is an oldie but goodie, and the rest was easy.
I embossed the image with Tim Holtz' distressing EP. Can somebody tell me what I am missing about this stuff? It doesn't seem that much of a difference from regular EP.
Anyway, here is my card for my co-worker whose father died. Glad to have gotten it done:)

15 comments:

Robin said...

Love the card and the earth tone colors Louise!

Sarah said...

Perfect card for your co-worker.
I find that the TH distress eps are rougher in texture than regular eps with the colors having a distressed or vintage look compared to the smooth sharp colors of regular eps. You can also rub or buff the distress eps to give them a different look...supposedly releasing some special crystals.

joanne wardle said...

isn't it great when the challenges get your juices flowing for a project you need to make, it's just the spark you need sometimes. this is lovely, perfect for what you need but great for TGIF too

RubyMay said...

Love the card. Perfect !

Sandy said...

Wow this is brilliant. Love the vintage style. Absolutely fabulous.

Thanks Louise for this entry to TGiF.

Carola/Schokofee said...

It`s a wonderful card!

Anonymous said...

Very stylish. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful collage. great stamps.

Zimtschnecke said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Love the colours and the layout! ;-) Great work!

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful earth colours and a great design. Love what you have done.

Rika said...

This is great Louise!

Moni said...

Sehr, sehr schön deine Karte.

Shaz said...

fab card, lovley colours

Willy said...

Wonderful card!

nancy said...

Really a beautiful composition, and a great card for a guy.
Nancy