December 19, 2008

Looking for a Challenge?

Lots of challenge blogs are on hiatus for the holidays, but Lyneen has been kind enough to post a challenge for us at the Vintage Vernada. And, let me say, it was a challenge. More than just a theme. You can see her challenge here. There's a little RAK here, too:)


I finally inked up this Christmas tree stamp I received from Ros as an RAK. It's from Paper Artsy. Since the challenge called for a "little bling" I punched holes in the tree with a tiny punch and then added some very shiny silver paper behind it. It gives it a very neat sparkly effect.

The background text is from Art Impressions. Speaking of Art Impressions, I got their December newsletter through my e-mail yesterday and imagine my surprise to see one of my cards I submitted for their monthly contest on the front page!

7 comments:

azLizJane said...

The tree is gorgeous. Love the bling! Congrats on being featured in Art Impressions.

Sarah said...

That is a clever idea for adding bling without bulk. I like it!
Your card on AI looks good! Congrats!!

Jacqueline said...

So original! Love the bling!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! What a great idea for a bit of bling!

Kris Dickinson said...

This is so lovely Louise! Thanks for the heads up on the challenge, I just completed mine!

Heide said...

This is wonderful. It looks very very precious!

Hugs

Heide

stamp and scrape said...

Love how you used paper behind the tree and punched the holes. It's always an inspiration to come and visit!
Ros x