December 3, 2008

Wednesday Stamper - Metal

Wow, what a challenge today at Wednesday Stamper -- Metal. I had a piece of metal that was red on one side and silver on the other. It was pretty crumbled with jagged edges so I ran it through my die cut machine and that straightened it out. I then decided to emboss this holly onto it. That turned out well, so I colored the holly leaves with metal paint and then stamped some script onto them with black Staz-0n.
That's where the problems started because some of the script went off onto the red metal background. So I figured I could cover it with some alcohol inks (I'm so inspired by Tim Holtz these days with his 12 Tags of Christmas:)
Turns out the alcohol ink actually removed some of the red color in my metal. But since it also removed the script, I went with it.
I also cut the ornament on my die cut machine and then stamped the circle greeting on it.

25 comments:

herminesplace said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Stempelchaotin said...

OMG this looks so gorgeous.
Amazing card.

Anneke said...

this is so beautiful.
like the color of the metal

Susie Dally said...

You sound like a mad scientist-but what a WOW project!

vintage wil said...

wow this is so gorgeous !!!

johanna said...

just fan-tas-tic!!!

Stempelfrosch said...

Brilliant artwork! Wow....
LG Anke

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Great use of your dye cut machine, your metal card is really stunning Louise!

Kris Dickinson said...

This is beautiful Louise!

Rein said...

Fabulous card!

Gabrielle Madsen said...

What a fantastic 'experiment'!

ScrappyPam said...

Wow - what a neat card! I love hearing how you created it!

Your blog looks very wintery these days!

Sarah said...

Don't you love it when a plan comes together even when you have to take some detours!! Great end result, Louise.

Jacqueline said...

It went Krazy! Suits your blog name.... I love it!!

Faye said...

Louise, I love the look! I am always amazed how art can take a different direction because of a miscalculation or other surprise. Your die cutter is a fabulous tool.

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning, really love what you have done with the metal and thanks for the description!

Shelly Hickox said...

Very cool Louise!! I love experimenting like that - you never know what you'll get and it's always so much fun playing around.

Char said...

This is fantastic. End results are really great.

Hanne said...

Beautiful! I love the result of your work!

Anja said...

I love it,it looks great!!! thank you also for your explanation

Maggie Ann said...

Woweeee that's gorgeous!

Lyneen said...

Nn AMAZING CARD!

Dawn said...

I love this - it's amazing !

Angela Sturm said...

beautiful !

Rosie said...

Well I think it turned out great!