December 5, 2009

Day 5 of Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas


It's Day 5 of Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas and, once again, I was fortunate enough to have some of the embellishments, namely, the fragments. I have had some of these for a while and never really knew what to do with them. Then on the cruise we worked with them and I was inspired. So it was fun to work with these on some Christmas ideas. The Glossy Accents behind the fragments really works well.
For my fragment ornaments I used a couple of vintage PSX stamps. The images were just the right size.
I didn't bother with wire for my hanging ornaments but instead used some gold stickers. Once again, I resorted to my Krylon pen as an improvisation of the ornament tops. So much easier than all that paper and tape stuff Tim used.
I've really got to get him familiar with the Krylon pen.

12 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I love your take on day 5!!!! The ornament hangers are gorgeous... love that..

And, the Krylon pen? Genius!

Beautiful tag.

ScrappyPam said...

Gorgeous! And right on with the Krylon pen!! (Although using it probably doesn't sell all the other stuff.)

Laura said...

This is superb. Love it. And the bits you sent me arrived. You can see one of them on a tag I made for the 12 tags! I love the bits you stamped and cut up. They are all so gorgeous. I love them. Many thanks! Just like Christmas.

kathy said...

Louise - I certainly love your version of Tim's -- and love the tip about the trim -- KAthy - ga ♥

Jacqueline said...

This is gorgeous! Love your little ornaments and I don't blame you for taking the easier route - I would too!

Nancy said...

I love the creamy color background you used, it's so light and fresh...really pretty!! Those ornaments and your flourish are excellent.

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, you did a fab job---I just love it!......deanna

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

wow!
GREAT AND SO FAST!!!
luv
Heidi

Deb (dcorder) said...

Just fabulous! I love the sentiment right in the middle!

Celestial Charms said...

The ornaments on your tag are so beautiful. Lovely tag!
Maureen

Sherry Goodloe said...

Perfect and gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

a beautiful take on Tim's tag