April 18, 2011

Fabric Collage

When I said I wouldn't be continuing with Tag Tuesday anymore, I don't think I expressed how busy I have been the past few months.  The day job has kept me hopping
 -- which is a very good thing, I know.  
 I also took a trip to visit some of my cruising friends (Tim Holtz cruise, 2009).   Sarah, Lori and I met up at Pam's house.   I had a ball travelling to Pam's with Lori.   And Pam was a wonderful hostess to us all.
We did the things we all enjoy -- junking, eating, crafting!  A fun trip!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I made something!   I've been wanting to try fabric collage but I don't have a sewing machine.  So I went with some hand stitching which looks a little crude, but all in all I like it.  I used  fabric from some upholstery sample books I had.  I then dyed that and all my lace in coffee.  The image was printed out on a cotton sheet suitable for my inkjet printer.



17 comments:

Jacqueline said...

This is darling, love anything you make Louise!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Well you have been having fun that is for sure. Lovely fabric creation too!

Chris said...

Fabulous collage, Louise. Is it really your first one? Who needs a sewing machine? lol

Days End Studio said...

I like the hand-stitching... adds to the authentic vintage-ness of it. Simply Gorgeous!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Louise! I love the hand stitching, it looks much more beautiful on your collage than any machine stitching would, for sure. Beautiful details all around. It looks like you gals had a blast!

Robin said...

Beautiful collage Louise! I think the hand stitching looks wonderful....great piece!!

Hugs,
Robin

ScrappyPam said...

Your collage is gorgeous!

So... when can you guys come back???

Sarah said...

Are you sure this is your first fabric collage? You did a fantastic job! The hand stitching adds to that soft, hand-made, shabby chic look. Very sweet piece.

Hellemor said...

WOW, Louise this is very beautiful. I hope to try this some time.

Shelly Hickox said...

Beautiful piece, Louise! I personally think the hand-stitching adds to the charm of it.

It sounds (and looks)like you all had a blast! Did I see Lori say you were in Alabama? If so, you need to invite me next time - I'm just one state over! :-)

Lyneen said...

What a great time all of you must have had... I sure wish I was close enough to join you!

Love you fabric collage!

Lori said...

LOVE this collage! That hand stitching is really a nice touch! G is for gorgeous! And that was a very fun trip!

Michele said...

this is beautiful! i also love the hand-stitching. xo

Lululiz said...

Who needs a sewing machine? Your collage turned out really gorgeous.

debbiek said...

Looks like you had a grand time, Louise. Your artwork is incredible. Love it and the hand sewing is perfect for it!

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh Louise your fabric collage is Stunning!!! arent they fun!!! rather addicting too. It really looks like you ladies had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pics
Hugs Lynn

Jann said...

So very lovely, Louise!