November 2, 2011

Spring Book Part I

I don't want to let a month pass without a post (Yikes, it's been that long?), so even though I'm moving backwards season-wise I am posting, in two parts, a spring book I just completed.  I'd been wanting to make this all spring and summer, but it took me finishing my Halloween book to get the inspiration going to actually make it.



The cover for this one is also made from the 7 Gypsies book covers.  The theme is Life.



My inside cover and first page:  Dreams and Trust that Life is Good.


This page includes a small paper sack with a pull out tag covered with an arch I made long ago for the Gothic Arch challenge.  Its sentiment is to feather your nest.
The next page is made from a large 7 Gypsies ephemera sheet and defines Blessings.


Wishes -- and a gorgeous image from Paper Whimsey.


I love the sentiment I stamped here on this mini bag:  Live life one day at a time and make it a masterpiece.
A tag pulls out from the bag.


Two sliding botanical cards grace the page titled Take the Road Less Traveled.
The sweet image on the opposite page is the center of my Love page.



Leave a Legacy is my next page created on some more 7 Gypsies ephemera cards.
I then included a plastic sleeve in which I placed the Tim Holtz birdcage over some sweet vintage ephemera and faux rhinestone embellishments.  The theme here is the vitally important life statement that Every Girl Needs Some Sparkle."

Clicking on the pages will make it easier to see all the details.

14 comments:

Helen said...

That is one stunning Spring book - early for next year, or late for this - who cares, it's gorgeous!

Helen Philips said...

What a beautiful work!I'll look through it again and again! Nice idea and its realization!

ScrappyPam said...

Very pretty! This will be so fun to pull out and look at when you're ready for winter to be over!

Lululiz said...

Doesn't matter how long it took for you to finish it, its a fabulous book.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a beautiful book....as well as your Halloween book below this post too.

Robin said...

Wonderful book and such a nice thing to look at when there is snow outside :)

Hugs,
Robin

Sarah said...

Oh, Louise, this is soooo pretty! I think you could enjoy it any time of the year.

Jacqueline said...

Absolutely stunning and great to see your collage work again! I clicked on all the pages to get a clear view, very inspirational work! TFS!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Another gorgeous book, Louise! I love your combinations of paper ephemera, collage art, and stamping!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is so beautiful, Louise! I noticed that you hadn't posted in awhile and got worried - I love your stuff so much! I guess you were just saving it up for one awesome piece. :-)

tsukki said...

I like very much this book. It is very very beautiful !!

penny4thoughts said...

Such wonderful collages, Louise! I love your book!!

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW Louise.our book is just Gorgeous, I know how much work goes into these. I'm heading over to see your next post about your book. Love all the pull outs, tag and extras!
hugs Lynn

susanne said...

How beautiful!! Love your work, it's so lovely, so creative!