March 4, 2012

Long Time No Post -- So A Long Post


A dreary, dreary March day around here yesterday led me to my local Archiver's for a little pick-me-up.  Here's a few of the things that came home with me:


Love this cheerful paper from October Afternoon!  Just the thing to get my mind off the gloomy weather and onto spring!


I've been able to resist the last few offerings of paper from Graphic 45, but their new line, "Olde Curiosity Shoppe, was irresistible.



This paper from Simple Stories called Documented will go fast.




Two new stamps sets, the one above is a Tim Holtz set which was from Archivers.  The one below is something I ordered on-line, but which I know will get a lot of use.





Love these mini alphabet playing cards from Tim Holtz, too!


Saving the best of my purchases for last -- Tim Holtz' new Distress Markers.  Along with the detailer water pen.  I already played around with these a bit and I'll just say that I absolutely adore them!   Been having fun playing with different colors on stamps -- wow, it's been a long time since I felt like doing that.  They are very easy to blend with the watercolor pen and there's a great variety of looks I think one can achieve with these.  Nice spring colors, too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jacqueline has been showing off some wine labels here son gave her (we should all have sons who bring home stampable ephemera:)    She was nice enough to send me some and so I played around with the wine label and my new Distress Markers to create the card below. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, the spring edition of Take Ten arrived recently with a card I had created as a designer for Artistic Outpost using one of their stamps from Huck Finn set.

11 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

Yay! So glad to see a post from you - I miss seeing your stuff! Looks like you had a great time at Archivers. I can't wait to get those markers!

Robin said...

You have created a beautiful card with those distress markers. And your published card is wonderful.

Hugs,
Robin

Lori said...

It's so hard to resist buying something in Archiver's, isn't it? lol! Good to see you again, your card is gorgeous! I'm slowly getting talked into buying the markers...lol..

Jacqueline said...

Hi Louise! Congrats on your publication and you are going to have some fun creating I can see!

Debbie K. said...

Love your new purchases, Louise and the terrific card. Congrats on being published in TT! Have a great rest of the week:)

ScrappyPam said...

Yay, a shopping trip! Your card is beautiful! And congrats on another pub!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

So good to see you and your new goodies! Your card is fabulous! Now I want those darn markers!!!!

Congrats on the published card as well!

XXXXOOOOO

Lynn Stevens said...

First off a BOG congrats on being published yet again!
A beautiful card. I've missed seeing your art so much!
So many fun things to play with. I'm dying to get my hands on the new Graphic 45 papers!
Have fun playing Louise!
Hugs Lynn

Sarah said...

Looks like you had way too much fun shopping! Let me know how you like those Distress markers...I'm curious!
Congrats on another publication.

nise said...

Glad to see that you're still down there :). LOVE your wine label card. Congrats on another well desreved publication. Yep, sometimes a shopping trip and a few worthy additions get the creativty swirling again. Happy Spring.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Looks like you found some wonderful treasures there. I can't wait to see what you create with them! Happy Sunday!