May 16, 2012

Father's Day


Well, Mother's Day is over, sadly, and it's time to start thinking Father's Day.
I love the "Just BeeCuz" stamp set from Red Rubber Designs BeeCuz it's so versatile.   The antique vehicle here is one image from that set and makes a great Father's Day card.  I paired it up with the "You're the best" sentiment from that set as well. 
In case you're thinking I paired this up with some cool yellow gingham paper, think again.   I stamped this gingham background stamp from RRD in Pallete Ink's Sunflower onto cream cardstock.   Since I really like gingham, I think this will have endless possibilities and color combinations.  Plus it's a large stamp so it will easily cover a card front.
I did lots of layering of paper here too and some came from RRD's Hemingway collection.  That's what I created the pennant from.  But I first stamped that with the script stamp from the Vintage Backgrounds set.  I also stamped that once on my gingham background which you can see behind my Father's Day sentiment.
Other stamps used are the Father's Day sentiment from the Contemporary Greetings set.

8 comments:

Debra Miller said...

This is a great image for a Father's day card Louise. Love it!

Pam said...

Beautiful card, Louise! Love the banner and the gingham background!

peggy gatto said...

Love the background detail, great!

Sarah said...

Love the stamps you chose, Louise, as well as the overall look of this card.

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Great card for Father. I like the old card image a lot.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

great masculine card!

Jacqueline said...

I love your masculine card Louise!
p.s. did you know that you have word verification on - it is so difficult to read these days..

Kate Yetter said...

Cute card! Love that banner!