March 28, 2007

Cherish


The cameo stamp I used for this card is from a stamp company called Personal Stamp Exchange or PSX. I adore their stamps. Inkadinkadoo now carries many of their stamps in their classic stamp line. I just love looking at these stamps because the wood they are mounted on is gorgeous, and the image that's on the front of the stamp NEVER fades. I have only unmounted a few of these and only when they were the type of stamp that you really need to see how it's placed. Such as the decorative corner stamp I used. I am pretty sure this cameo stamp is one of their much older ones, but it is new to me. Last week as I was scrounging around in a thrift shop (looking for the odd craft item I could use somehow or another) I reached up onto a very high shelf and just happened to pull down a plastic bag. I was amazed to find a bag of assorted stamps, markers, embossing powder, etc. This cameo stamp was included among them -- and it just made my day!

The paper is all from Hot off the Press' vintage collection which I think went nicely with it. After I stamped the image I put Ranger crackle medium on it, but I don't think you can really see it in the picture. In fact, I can't really see it that much looking at the card. I've tried playing around with this stuff before on other elements and haven't been impressed.

No comments: