November 12, 2007

Oh, Christmas Tree Ornament



After I cleaned up yesterday's mess in my "studio," I set out this morning to create a simple Christmas card. Amazing how much easier this card was and resulted in a card I actually like.
I had the idea for a while -- to stamp this sentiment in the shape of a tree onto a punched circle and create an ornament.
I liked the vintage harlequin paper I used previously so decided to use it again here. I found a matching red paisley scrap in my stash. I think it's a fabulous match.
The hardest part of this card was finding the right color green cardstock for my scalloped edge and card backing. After rifling through all my Christmas cardstock, I finally found some. Turns out there are a lot of shades of Christmas green.






I cheated a little here and used a pre-made gold embossed ornament top that I had in my Christmas stash. It had two holes punched in it already so I decided to add a ribbon.
This gold organza ribbon is my favorite Christmas ribbon of all time. Just stocked up on that for the Christmas cardmaking season.
The Christmas tree stamp is from My Sentiments Exactly. Harlequin paper is from Foof-a-la.

3 comments:

Kris Dickinson said...

This is lovely Louise!....and you used one of my favorite dps, the harlequin paper!

Jacqueline said...

This is gorgeous - love these colours for Christmas, so festive!

Dawn said...

This is very very pretty. I really love it. the colors are great. the ribbon is gorgeous...