November 13, 2007

Triptych Revisited

I am so glad I posted the other day about my frustration with this stamp set from StampinUp. I got some inspiration from some friends and decided to continue in my pursuit of a card I'm happy with. I'm getting closer.


These cards are simple but that is what I really wanted from this stamp set. For the first one I embossed the background with my Cuttlebug and then swiped white Memories Ink over the embossing. I gold embossed both the tag and the image, but used pop dots to pop out the tag. It's a small thing that I think makes a big difference. My sister used to call me the "Pop Dot Queen, " but I've kind of forgotten about them lately. I'll have to start making more use of them. The second one is the same general idea only using the angel that comes in this set.


This card has a different color scheme for Christmas, but I rather like it.
The thing that really makes this one pop is the glittler I've placed around the halos and stars. Because not a lot of the image is colored in, the glitter really stands out when you see the real card.
My next goal is to work on using these sketches but adding sentiments to them. Eventually I will get a card I am perfectly pleased with.
In the meantime these "prototypes" I've made will go to the nursing home in our village.


2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

You are getting closer - love your perseverance - I bet you will even come up with something vintagy with them too... lol. These are just perfect for Christmas cards.

Dawn said...

I like the third one. The halos look great. I like them all the third is my fav...