January 13, 2008

This and That

I had a lovely birthday week -- yes, it does manage to stretch out to a whole week. Starting last weekend with the wonderful dinner party DH threw for me at our favorite Italian restaurant for family and some of my very best friends. That's my friend Nancy, sister Nina, me, and friend Pat just before departing for dinner.
DH and I finished up the birthday celebrating by escaping to a quaint country lodge for the weekend where we had a great time.
Thought I'd share SOME of the fun crafting gifts I received. And another cool surprise.....
.....was being nominated for the bloggers "You Make My Day Award" by Joanne from the UK. I am so honored when I see the other names I have been listed with -- some of whom I have admired for a long, long time. Thank you, Joanne, you made my day by mentioning me!
Here are a couple of bloggers that I visit regularly
who for the reasons listed make my day:
1. Jacqueline - Her artwork is always inspiring and a joy to
look at and she is so gracious with her comments.
2. Kris - Kris' cards are are of the shabby/chic variety
and every one of them is just gorgeous. Love her style.
3. Nancy - I have long admired her vintage/collage style.
Her blog is filled with everything I want to make some day.
4. Sandy - Sandy's blog features everything from cards to
scrapbooking to detailed info about her life:) I also
totally admire her work with Cards for Heroes.

5 comments:

Kris Dickinson said...

Thanks Louise and congrats on getting a masterboard published! How very exciting! I love your blog too and visit all the time.... (((HUGS)))) ...Kris

Jacqueline said...

Thank you for the lovely compliment! Your blog is one of the first I visit in the mornings.

Dawn said...

love the new pic. You look wonderful **For an old lady =)**

I am glad your dh had a nice gathering of family and friends. You deserve it!!

Unknown said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you! You got some great loot there. Looks like you had a great birthday "week". :)

Jacki Marie said...

Happy Birthday!!!