December 9, 2009

Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas -- Day 9

A couple things about today's tag -- first of all, thank you, Tim! He really gave me inspiration for today's tag to highlight something I've been wanting to and was looking for a way to do so. Secondly, for those who have commented on how quickly I seem to get my tags done, think 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. (Which could explain why I was trying to adhere my pictures to the film strip with Crackle Accents instead of Glossy Accents and making a mess of it.) Finally, I was able to come up with just about everything Tim used on his tag but only because we received so much of it on the cruise. However, I didn't use everything I could have because I wanted to take my tag in a slightly different direction than he did.
I wanted to use copies of some vintage cards I'd been given last year by my sister-in-law (a box of 750 of them in all). And although we used the Glossy Accents and the film strip on the cruise, I forgot about it. It's a perfect way to showcase some of them in this tag.
I didn't think a photo as Tim used on his tag would go as well with mine, so I chose this caroler by Art Impressions instead.
I didn't have the metal numbers 25, but on the cruise we all received the year of '09.
And while I don't have a label maker, I figured I could white emboss my greeting on black paper for the same effect.
I was glad I did have the metal flowers -- who'd have thought to paint them with acrylic paints? Tim, of course.
I think this is my favorite tag Tim has made so far.

17 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Love the way you did the cartoon strip!! You sent me one of those, so thanks for the idea!
Once again you made a gorgeous tag!

Shelly Hickox said...

I was just thinking, how on earth is she done already! You are up w/the chickens for sure!

Love how this came out. What a great idea to use the cards. I should pull out the stack you sent and go thru them again. They would make great Christmas decorations! I tend to hoard stuff like that, thinking it's too precious to use....

Nancy said...

You're up at 4am & creating?!?!? Wow! You're my hero! I'm one who has intentions ... you know, I'm going to get up early & exercise/read/make art. But that snooze button's far easier to hit than getting me out of bed early! *lol*

I absolutely love your tag! I can't wait to play with this one tonight!

joy said...

You sure are up and arting early, Louise! This tag turned out so cute - a great way to use vintage cards! 750 of them??? Oh my! What a wonderful gift. . .

Rhonda said...

What a fun tag, Louise! Your 12 Days of Christmas tags are fabulous. I love how you switch them up. Cheers!

Laura said...

Fantastic tag. Love it!

Cynthia said...

I am loving your versions of Tim´s tags. It is interesting to see how so many bloggers are playing along with him and how they manage to make their tags even though some have hardly any of the supplies he uses. That is ingenuity.

kathy said...

Louise -- Loving your take on the tags -- Trying to get some done -- but so many other things to do -- KAthy - ga ♥

Lori said...

Very cool, Louise! The images are just great!

Deb (dcorder) said...

Love the tag! I like the use of the clipart under the film strip!

Sarah said...

About this 4am thing...LOL!
What a cool tag you came up with. It perfectly highlights those vintage clips and the little caroler is just perfect!

ScrappyPam said...

When I wake up at 4am the last thing I want to do is craft! I'm afraid I'd hurt myself!! (sleep-deprivation is not a good crafting companion)

Your tag is wonderful - I enjoyed looking at all the little photos in your film strip!

Lynn Stevens said...

OMG how cute is this!!! So do you Ever sleep? I Love how you make them your own!

Nancy said...

Amazing tag, Louise! I just love how you incorporated the vintage cards and took the tag in your own direction, simply outstanding!!

Suzanne C said...

Love the cartoon strip. So pretty!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Great tag! Glad to find someone else playing along with Tim's tags! You can see mine at: http://www.dustypenny.blogspot.com/

Lyneen said...

I can see Tims tag... great interpretation of the inspiration. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my poem!