August 2, 2012

Red Rubber Designs First Thursday Blog Hop

It's the First Thursday (Of August -- cannot believe it) which means Red Rubber Designs is releasing new Christmas stamps.  They like to think outside of the box, no Christmas in July for them:)
This means they are hosting their montly blog hop and showcasing a featured stamp set.  The Design Team is creating all kinds of fun Christmas art with this Spotlight Stamp set called Holiday Wreath.
(By the way, you should know the Spotlight Stamp is being offered for 40 percent off at the
RRD shop!) 



Honestly, I didn't realize how versatile this set is until someone pointed out all the layering possibilities to me.  And I like the idea that I can add different colors to an image by layering it. 
So here is what I came up with, my holiday door.

I used papers from the Rustic Chic line as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The inside of my card is below.
I was able to use the tiny little evergreen sprig to create my bough.   
(You'll have to see how one of our designers created a whole tree using this tiny stamp! )
The wreath on my tag comes from this set as well, I just omitted the wording on it.


Now, here are the blog hop details:
It looks like one of Santa's elves has been causing a little mischief in the workshops and craft areas of our Design Team members. Look closely at each project on the hop and you will see that said elf hasleft a little image of his jolly employer on one of the Design Team member's creation.
Find the picture of Santa then let us know where you found it (whose blog).
Email your name and the name of the blog where you found the picture of Santa to contest@RedRubberDesigns.com .
Every correct answer will be entered into a random draw for the Spotlight Stamp Holiday Wreath.
Contest ends Sunday, August 5 at midnight (CDT). 

Red Rubber Designs http://blog.red-rubber-designs.com/ 

14 comments:

StampingbugKerry said...

What a pretty tag on your card. I love that wreath set.

Sarah said...

I love the swag that you made with the little stamp as well as using the little wreath on the small tag. Great use of the whole set!

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Great tag on front and pocket inside. I like it.

KC Eddy said...

Great cards, Louise! Very clever use of that little pine branch stamp!!!

Wendy Zick said...

Now that I've seen how to use the set, I want it! Great job!

Kate Yetter said...

Very pretty! I love the front of your card.

Wordbird said...

Louise...love your holiday door! It even has windows and the plaid bow is perfect on your wreath. ;D

Beautiful, and fun card!

Lillian Child said...

Love that snow on your tag!

liannallama said...

What pretty cards! Love how you used the doily!

Debbie K. said...

Cute tag and card, Louise. Very creative! Have a great weekend and hope to see you at the rummage sale soon;)

Hettie said...

Very pretty card there. Loving these stamps.
x

Lynn Stevens said...

Great layering Louise! Such a lovely Christmas card. You gals will be all ready for Christmas early this year!

hugs Lynn

Sugar Lump Studios said...

gorgeous cards Louise! I especially love the wreath with the tartan bow. How sweet is that! Hope you are enjoying your summer - this heat sure has been brutal!

Pam said...

What a creative and clever card! Love how you did the door and the bough and everything else!