May 8, 2007

Make A Wish


I've got several cupcake stamps, but this is my favorite. It's from Stampabilities.
I like the fun colors on this card. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the yellow textured cardstock (DCWV)and then sanded it so the white core would show through.
I colored in my cupcake with glitter gel pens and added some specks on the frosting. Have stamped it on white it looked very stark so I cut around the edges with scalloped scissors, shaded it with chalk ink, and then added my dots with green marker. On the pink cardstock I made the dots and dashes with a dark pink marker.
I then added a pink paper clip with some green and yellow ribbons at the top. The sentiment is from Cat's Pajamas.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

OMWord...this is one very cute "cupcake" birthday card! Love how you sanded the cuttlebug background.
This card is just adorable and I may wind up CASEing.

Anonymous said...

This is really nice. I like when you sand the letters so the white shows. It's gret. dawn

bcgal00 Rae said...

Cute card. Seeing your card has convinced me to get the template too!