June 4, 2007

Believe in Miracles


I love the look of collage. However, it does not come easy to me. I really struggle with it. I look at the work of some collage artists and they make it seem so easy. But when I sit down to create something, I am reminded it is not.



Even so, when Nancy Maxwell James put up this lovely female image on her website with a challenge to create something with it, I just had to give it a try. The look on the young woman's face just opens itself up to so many possibilities. This is Zelda Sanders and you can read more about her and Nancy's challenge on her website, Vintage Papers (BTW, she is one of the collage artists I admire and who does fabulous work).

4 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

I love the vintage feel of this card! AND I am from the Chicago area too! South suburbs!

Vintage Papers said...

I love what you created with dear Zelda - she has a dreamy look in this piece. So beautiful! :)
thanks for playing - and btw I lived in the windy city in 2004...

Ila said...

I love collage and this is Gorgeous! Looks to me like you have collage down pat. I'm going to check out the link..TFS

Rika said...

Really beautiful!