August 9, 2007

This & That.

Has anybody else been having trouble with Blogger? Or is it just me? I had the hardest time accessing my blog or other blogs using blogspot. Took forever to upload things. Frustrating.....




But on a much happier note, an encouragement card of mine was published in the September issue of CardMaker Magazine. Got my copy of the magazine yesterday and was pleased to see the layout.






There were some really good articles in this edition, one on ink distressing techniques and another one on bleach stamping techniques.





Thought I'd share a few interesting things I found the last few days as I was browsing through some blogs:
Pat over at Technique Trail demonstrates a super cool new way to use outline stickers. Something I definitely must try with my leftover stickers.

I love this one -- Mimi at Stamps-A-Latte Stamp Cafe shows a great and cheap way to make those ghost shapes you see everywhere. Go and check this out!

One more thing I've got to try is Kim's fantastic idea over at Kim's Daily Grace for making sheets of "card candy" which are essentially pages of homemade embellishments you can either keep or give away -- or as in her case, sell.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Ooooh this is so pretty!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad that I can finally see your blog again. Congrats on being published.

Stampindamour said...

CONGRATS!! Your cards are ALWAYS FANTASTIC!!! :0)

-pamela

Anonymous said...

Hey, Louise, your blog is just like me - - s l o w. But I'm making progress on filling your mailbox. I think I used to hear this little proverb as I was growing up - good things come to those who wait or was that patience is a virtue?! What a beautiful card - definitely worthy of being published.

Anonymous said...

Love it - love the colors, the simplicity - it's perfect. Congratulations!

joanne wardle said...

thanks for the links.

and well done on being published again. that looks fantastic!

Ila said...

Wow! This is Beautiful! Congratulations!! on being published.

Jacqueline said...

Congrats once again, this is very nice. Yes, I had some trouble with Blogger being very slow one evening.

Viola said...

Congratulations!! Your works are always gorgeous! :-)

Lisa Silver said...

Hi! I bought this magazine and was going to email you that I'd seen the layout. I agree with you... absolutely beautiful layout! It really highlighted how amazing your card was!!!

Congratulations!
Lisa